Cauliflower with Craisins and Almonds
Here is a great way to give othrwise basic califlower a great taste.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 2 tablespoons crushed almonds
- 2 tablespoons Craisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Place the cauliflower and broth or water in a microwave safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic wrap to vent steam. Microwave for 6 minutes on high.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower and broth, the Craisins, almonds, parsley and zest. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Heat through and serve.
Here are a few pictures from us cooking this recipe
Very simple ingredients. If you prefer, you can use raisins instead of craisins. We just prefer the sweeter taste.
In a glass bowl ,place the califlower and broth. Cover with plastic wrap. poke a few holes in the plastic wrap to allow some stem to release. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. If you prefer you can steam the cauliflower in a pot or with a steamer.
Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat olive oil; add the garlic and saute for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower and rest of the items. Salt and Papper to taste. Heat through and serve.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook