Pork & Egg Lo Mein
- 6 ounces dried linguine noodles
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 pound thinly slices pork loin
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 colored bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil for cooking
- Combine the soy sauce and the oyster sauce in a small bowl.
- Place the pork slices in a resealable bag. Add ½ of the soy sauce mixture to the meat. Seal the bag and marinate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and reserve the remainder of the soy sauce mixture for cooking.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water after the pasta is cooked.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add the pork and stir-fry for about 2 minute. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add ½ tablespoon to the wok and heat. Add the eggs; cook, without stirring, until set, 1 minute. Flip and cook for 30 seconds, then transfer to a cutting board and cut into strips. Keep warm.
- Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli slaw and bell pepper and stir-fry 4 minutes longer.
- Return the pork with any collected juices to the wok.
- Add the noodle, the reserved cooking water and the soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs.
Picutres from us cooking this recipe
This is an easy and yummy asian dish with only a few items that come together and served with whole wheat pasta.
Before you get cooking. Mix the oyster sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
In a resealable bag marinate the pork slices in half of the oyster and soy sauce mixture. Marinate for 8 hours or over night in the fridge. For faster marinating, place pork in a bag or bowl and towl with half of the sauce mix and let sit at room temp for about 1 hour.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, scoop out 1/4 cup of the pasta water for later, drain pasta, return to pand and coat pasta with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, cover and keep warm.
We cook our dish in a wok, but you can use a large skillet also. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in your pan. Add the pork and stirfry for about 2 minutes. it should just start to get lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl to keep warm.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat. Add the beaten eggs. Cook without stirring until set and not runny.
Break the egg into small pieces and transfer to a small bowl and keep warm.
Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli slaw and bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes.
Return the pork and any juices to the pan and mix well. Heat for 1 minute.
Add the noodles, reserved pasta cooking water, and rest of the sauce mix. Toss to mix well. Add the egg and lightly combine.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook