Hawaiian Chicken Thighs
Tender juicy roasted chicken thighs in a Hawaiian style home made BBQ sauce.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 chicken thighs, bone-in, sink and large fat deposits removed
- (You can use boneless: cut cooking time to 40 to 45 minutes total)
- In a small mixing jar, combine the broth with the cornstarch. Mix well.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, broth mix, and spices. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large 11 x 14 baking dish, Place chicken in dish, Salt and pepper each side of chicken. Pour sauce over chicken, Turn chicken in sauce to completely coat.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes, Turn chicken over, spoon sauce over each piece of chicken, continue to cook for another 20 to 25 minutes, until internal temperature has reached 175 degrees.
- Serve on flavored rice. (We use either Jasmine or Basmati rice)
Here’s our pictures from cooking this yummy chicken recipe!
Start by gathering the items needed for the BBQ sauce. This way you do not have to worry about getting any chicken juices near rest of the food.
Start by combining the broth with the cornstarch.
In a sauce pan over medium/high heat combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, broth mixture, and spices. Bring to a boil and let simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 4 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Now that the BBQ sauce is out of the way, turn your attencion to the chicken thighs. First, remove the skin.
Next, trim away any large sections of fat.
You can see our chicken thighs are nice and cleaned up and ready to cook. Make sure to keep all of your cutting and food prep areas washed well when handeling raw meat.
Place all of the chicken thighs in a oven safe cooking dish.
Pour the BBQ sauce over all of the chicken thighs.
Turn the chicken thighs to make sure the entire surface is covered in sauce.
Bake the chicken thighs for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven, turn the chicken over and return to oven. Cook for another 20 minutes.
We served this chicken over flavored Jasmine rice.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook