Bowtie Yogurt Florentine Pasta
This is a very easy and flavorful pasta dish which can be either the main dish or a side dish.
- 6 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain
- Meanwhile, place thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add all ingredients back to the sauce pan; mix well and heat through.
Here are pictures from us cooking this recipe
Only 6 easy ingredients in this yummy dish. We served this as a side dish, but you could easily it it as a main dish. I normally like to use whole grain pasta, but we had these noodle in stock at home so they worked just fine.
Cook the pasta according to the package direction, drain, put pasta back in pot and add just a slash of olive oil to caot the noodles. cover to keep warm.
After the spinach is thawed out, place in a clean kitch towel or cloth napkin.
Twist and squeeze out as much water as possible.
You will see that it appears to not be much spinach after you squeezed out the water. Chop up the spinach a little to loosen it up.
Add the spinach and rest of the items to the pot with the pasta. Mix well and heat through. Serve.