Craisin and Walnut Couscous
Couccous is such a lite style of pasta tha tit make a great side dish or side salad. Conbine some crainins for some sweetness and some toasted walnuts for crunch and you are all set.
- scallions, chopped with some green
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for cooking
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for dressing
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Craisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ lemon
- In a small glass bowl, mix the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, salt, & pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, warm 1 teaspoon olive oil and cook the scallions for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to as boil.
- Add the couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 to 7 minutes until most all of the broth has been absorbed.
- Fold in the Craisins and walnuts.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
Here are pictures from us cooking this recipe
First lets get all of the items we need to prepare this yummy side dish.
In a small dry skillet over medium heat, toast the chopped walnut for about 3 minutes. Do not burn! After you toast the walnuts, make sure to chop them up so they are fairly fine.
In a medium sauce pan heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and saute the scallions for 2 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the couscous, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand, covered for 5 to 7 minutes. Most all of the liquid should absorb.
In a small glas bowl, mix the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Fold the craisins and walnuts into the caucous. Add the dressing and mix well. Serve.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook