Southwestern Pork Cutlets
Nice crunchy coating with good mostiure and a little zip to the taste.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 1” thick center cut pork chops
- 3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 jar salsa
- In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, milk and chili power, set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- In a gallon size freezer bag, (1) at a time, pound out the pork chops until they are ¼” thick. Cut the pork cutlets in half. You should end up with 8 pork cutlets.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet.
- First coat each cutlet in the batter mixture, then dip in the breadcrumbs and completely cover the pork. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the pork cutlets on the upper third section of your oven for 16 minutes.
- Serve with the salsa.
Here are a few pictures from us cooking this recipe
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, milk, and chili powder.
Next, in a gallon size freezer bag one at a time, use a meat mallet and pound the pork chops out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut the pork cutlets in half so you have 8 pork pieces.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spary a cooking sheet with cooking spray. Note: If you have a slotted rack that fits on your baking sheet, then use this to cook your pork cutlets on. This will allow for both sides of the pork to cook more evenly. If you use a rack, make sure to coat it with coking spray first. (See Picture below for example of rack).
First, dip each cutlet in the bater mix, then in the panko crumbs to coat. Using the back of a larger spoon apply a little pressure to the cutlets to help the breadcrumbs adhear. Place the cutlets on the sprays cooking sheet or cooking rack.
Bake the pork cutlets on the upper third section in your oven for 16 minutes.
Serve and top with salsa.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook