Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Tuna
Soft whole wheat potato stuffed gnocchi with a mushroom and tuna cream sauce.
- 16 ounce package shelf-stable potato gnocchi
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms, about 12 ounces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 5 ounce cans tuna, packed in oil, drained
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes,
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil; cook mushrooms on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir in half & half, crushed red pepper, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Fold in the cooked gnocchi and tuna. Combine well. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 14 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Here are pictures from us cooking this recipe
Collect together all of the goodies to make it easier to get started. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly coat a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Cook gnnochi according to package direction, drain and set aside and keep warm.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute mushrooms for 2 minutes.
Add garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute longer.
Stir in half and half, crushed red pepper seeds, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring until sauce thickens slightly.
Add the tuna and mix well.
Fold in the cooked gnocchi.
Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
Cover casserole dish and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve it up either as a side dish or a main dish.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook