Brat and Pepper Penne
Penne pasta with pre-cooked sausage, fresh colored bell peppers and much more yummyness.
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, cooked according to box directions
- 3 colored bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 6.5 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 Roma tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 lb pre-cooked brats, sliced
- ½ cup Kraft Seven Seas Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large skillet or wok heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté, mixing well as veggies cook, for 6 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, Italian dressing, brats, and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Add the cheese, tomatoes, olives, and parsley. Just stir and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- (If mixture is to dry add up to 2 extra tablespoons of olive oil.)
Here’s our pictures from cooking this recipe
Cut up all of the fresh items and arrange for some realy good tasting but light pasta.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and return to pan. Coat pasta with 1 tablespon olive oil and cover to keep warm.
We like to use a wok for this recipe because it has more tossing room then a large skillet.
First, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in your wok or large skillet. Add the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms and saute for about 6 minutes.
You can see after only 6 minutes of cooking the veggies shrink down quite a bit.
Add the artichokes, Italian dressing, brats, and garlic. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes.
Add the pasta and mix well.
Add the tomatoes, cheese, and olives, and parsley. Mix well and heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
You can see everything comes together well with lots of fresh veggies. If the mixture is to dry, add up to 2 more tablespoons of olive oil to moisten.
Cooked By: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook