Chicken Piccata with Artichokes
(Inspired from: Food Network)
Tender Chicken Cutlets, with a lemony white wine sauce, topped with artichokes and capers.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, quartered
- ¼ cup drained capers
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a large plastic bag place 1 chicken breast at a time; with a meat mallet evenly pound out each breast until they are ¼ to ⅓ inch thick. Cut each cutlet in half making 4 equal size cutlets. Season each cutlet with salt and peer on both sides.
- In a separate large plastic bag combine the flour, lemon zest, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well. Add the cutlets and shake to coat well. Remove the cutlets and shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the cutlets and sauté 2 minutes on each side. Add lemon juice, wine, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Add the artichokes and capers and simmer for 1 minute more.
Here’s our pictures from cooking this recipe
Here is all of the yumies. To create the cultets, start with 4 small chicken breat halfes or 2 large breat halfs cut in half. Place 1 at a time in a freezer bag and pound evenly until they are about 1/2 inch or slightly less thick.
In a clean large plastic bag combine, flour, lemon zest, paperika, and garlic powder. Add the cutlets to the bag and shake well to coat each cutlet completely. Remove and place on a plate.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium/high heat. Add the cutlets and saute for 2 minutes on each side.
Add lemon juice, wine, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
Cook, simmering, for 5 minutes, until the sauce thichenly slightly.
Add the artichokes and capers and simmer for 1 minute longer.
Serve it up!
Cooked by: Tom Corliss
About Tom Corliss
Tom Corliss is a web publisher, internet marketer, and website developer, with 3 current websites, Home Information Guru.com, Home Selling Resources.com, and Simple-Food-Solutions.com. He also runs a home improvement company Corliss Property Enhancements. He has recently completed a new e-Book for anyone wanting to sell their home fast: Home Sellers Handbook